Thursday, May 10, 2012

Since January...

Hey everyone!  I'm back and ready to fill you in on all that's happened since just before the end of that last weight loss competition.  First off.. I DID NOT WIN!  Despite the fact that this was a family competition, and one would assume that people would not use any despicable means of robbing anyone of an earned win... we had the misfortune of having a scum bag among our group of honest, hard working competitors.

Hope it felt good....
I was already 2% ahead of the person in second place, which was a decent lead with only 2 weeks left in the competition.  I worked my ass off and dropped 5 more pounds before the last weigh in.  I was so excited, as was my boyfriend... there was no way anyone else could have beat me... until we got the weigh-in pictures from my deceitful sister-in-law and her *bites tongue* lovely husband.

He was down over TWENTY POUNDS from two weeks prior.... twenty!  No one loses twenty pounds in two weeks after months of dieting just out of nowhere!  My boyfriend was furious and immediately called his sister and demanded both live video proof and an explaination.  We FaceTimed with them and saw the scale.  Then she precedes to tell us that for two weeks all he ate was one yogurt for breakfast, and one yogurt for dinner.  He literally starved himself to cheat out a win.

Now... don't get me wrong, I know that stuff like this happens during weight-loss competitions.  People will go through all kinds of extremes to win... laxatives, diuretics, wrapping themselves up in plastic and sitting in a sauna... whatever... but you do not expect that family would do something like that to each other!

It caused some intense tension... especially when she tried to defend what he did and said "I don't know why you're mad about it, you should be proud of him and congratulate him!"  That set us off.  How are you supposed to be proud of someone who used such a deceitful tactic to cheat a win away from his FAMILY?!  I don't think I could even do that to a stranger!

Needless to say, we did not let our feelings go unknown... what sucked was now we were all going on a one week cruise with the two of those immoral twits, so it was awkward.  Thankfully there was enough of us to keep it from ruining my time, it was just weird to have such tension.  I didn't even want to look at him.  The fact that he had no shame what-so-ever in what he did just baffled me, and the fact that my boyfriend's sister continued to defend him just stirred the pot.

So anyway, to sum up the rest of what went down, I gained some weight on the cruise, naturally, but I have yet to let it go.  I had a pretty crazy semester at school with my first clinical rotation at the largest hospital in my state so it was hectic.  I haven't gained a lot of weight, but I haven't been watching what I eat or exercising at all as of late.  So now, I'm ready to get going!  I'm not back on YouTube yet, but I will be as soon as I'm done with finals week over here!  I'm super excited to get back in action!

So tell me your opinion, do you think it was right for him to do what he did to win the competition?  Why or why not?  Let me know your opinion in a comment!

xoxo Pretty T

No comments:

Post a Comment